Wiring Internal Siren to Accenta Gen4 system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I fully installed my Honeywell Accenta Gen4 system with Honeywell PIRs and an ADT ext bell box a few weeks ago.

All is working fine. However i would now like to install a Honeywell internal siren.

In my manual, there is no section that mentions internal siren, but there is a section for wiring an extension speaker. Is this the same thing?

Also in this section, it shows wiring two wires, but there are five wires to sort from the Internal Siren.

This is my internal siren:

http://www.superlecdirect.com/p-sp20st-honeywell-indoor-siren?gclid=CMaLlPO23dECFVNuGwodWYYNWA

Lastly, in order to install i have to power down the whole system, but as soon as i do so, including disconnecting the battery, the external siren goes off.

If i put the system into Engineer Mode, will this allow me to take off front panels OR power down without the ext siren going off?

Thanks

Marcus

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Bell/siren and speaker are two different things don't wire that siren up to the speaker terminals and vice versa. You need to wire the internal siren up the same way you did the external siren to the bell output(s). Putting the panel in engineer mode will allow you to open the panels up etc.. without the siren going off but the external bell is going off if you fully power down. The only way to keep it from going off is by keeping it powered.

Also don't forget to take into consideration the additional power being drawn from the internal siren to ensure your not overloading the output.

Bell/siren and speaker are two different things don't wire that siren up to the speaker terminals and vice versa. You need to wire the internal siren up the same way you did the external siren to the bell output(s). Putting the panel in engineer mode will allow you to open the panels up etc.. without the siren going off but the external bell is going off if you fully power down. The only way to keep it from going off is by keeping it powered.

Also don't forget to take into consideration the additional power being drawn from the internal siren to ensure your not overloading the output.

Hello, OK thanks for the advise. I wil try this today.

Thanks

Last edited:

And it's OK to effectively do this work live? I have spare fuses, but i don't wanna damage anything working on a live board.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your confident and safe working around live voltages then yes. keep in mind there's access to 240v inside the panel and be careful not to short things out. Make a plan of your wiring and where connections will go and work with one wire/terminal at a time ensure no bare wires cross over components and other terminals. If not then get everything prepared in advance and have your wire ready to feed through the panel and power off and work quickly to reduce the time the external siren is going off.

Also remember not to parallel link the tampers, run them in series.

If your confident and safe working around live voltages then yes. keep in mind there's access to 240v inside the panel and be careful not to short things out. Make a plan of your wiring and where connections will go and work with one wire/terminal at a time ensure no bare wires cross over components and other terminals. If not then get everything prepared in advance and have your wire ready to feed through the panel and power off and work quickly to reduce the time the external siren is going off.

Hello,

OK thanks. I will take a look. Might not risk it and just try and get it done quickly with the siren going off,

Cheers

Hi,

I had a look and now i am completely confused....

My alarm panel has 5 connections for external bell box:

STROBE -
SCB T
SCB A
BELL + D
BELL - B

My internal siren has 5 wires that are:

E1 - Yellow Wire
E2 - Red Wire
E3 - Black Wire
TAMP 1 - Blue Wire
TAMP 2 - Blue Wire

The internal siren does not have any ports and so does not look like it can be linked in series. It just has the wires coming out, soldered to it's main pcb. Pic attached of Int Siren.

Do you know what i should do with the 5 wires from the Internal Siren?

Many Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I have now sorted it and it's all working. I was overcomplicating / overthinking it.

Thanks for your help

Haha good, I was just about to post what to put when I refreshed and saw you sorted it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back