accenta gen 4 siren problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have installed an accenta g4 alarm. on powering the device the outdoor and internal siren sound and then the outdoor siren will go off after the 5 seconds. the problem i have is that when i go through the programing and "test outputs" by turning strobe and siren on together only the strobe works and the internal sounder is fine. after fully programing the alarm and setting it when the alarm is activated the same thing happens, no siren just strobe and internall sounder. also when i changed the internal link in the bell box from "test" to "10 mins" and then powered up the external siren wouldnt turn off until powered down. triple checked the wiring allready HELP PLEASE!!?????

Sponsored Links
I think you need to quadruple check the wiring , it sounds like you have a permanent -ve to the bell trigger.Or the sounder is faulty. on test the bell itself will turn off the sounder but when set to 10 min it should turn off after 10 mins. But it still sounds to me as a wiring fault.

Test it at the panel. Disconnect the wiring and place a link between 0v and TR (tamper return). Then put a meter across +12V and Trig neg and it should show about 13volts when the alarm is activated. If so check your wiring again.

Sponsored Links
okay i will give it another bash tomorrow and let u know what it was once i get it sorted, cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back