Smart door bell / intercom suggestion on zwave?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fibaro will be releasing a smart home intercom system on the zwave platform later this year (around Oct 2016 I am told). It is supposed to be really good. See

Having almost completed a new home build, I cannot seem to find any other zwave intercom system that I can install now or at least find a spec in order to prepare the wiring for.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what wiring I should be running from outside the door where the smart intercom / doorbell will be located, and to where I should run it to?

I was thinking one Cat 6 cable from outside the door to a A/V / Comms room. Maybe a bell wire too?

I'm not looking to remotely open the door or anything, just to see and talk to whoever rings the bell from my iphone and for it to work with IFTTT. Any suggested makes people here have actually installed and tried?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back