Ring Intercom direct to gate opener? Beninca BRAINY24 / Videx VR4K-1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had an issue with our gate intercom (Videx VR4K-1 kit) where the cables between gate and intercom handset in the house (which route under ground) have degraded over time (old system) and so the system needed replaced. The cables were deemed to be no longer working. Unfortunately, the gate repair company have removed all the previous wiring for the intercom (including the connections from the Videx power supply to the Videx intercom and to the gate Beninca BRAINY24 control panel) as the intercom was deemed useless.

Got a quote for a new GSM system but looked into Ring as an alternative and have gone ahead and bought a Ring Doorbell 4 and the Ring Intercom kit.

As we now have no working wiring between gate and house, I plan to put the Ring Intercom in the gate box outside (covered by wifi).

Any ideas whether the Ring Intercom can connect direct to the Beninca BRAINY24 gate control board, just to trigger the open function . My thought is to use use "Open" (connector #21) and "COM" (connector #25)? If this is the case, any programming required?

Or... Do I need the Videx ART.520M power supply reconnected, along with the Videx ART.136 intercom refitted, and the Ring Intercom then connects to the intercom?

From what I can tell, it just needs 2 connections; Ground and Door Open.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You may need a relay depending on what the ring outputs for the door release
It may be a relay output or it may be a voltage output ( in which case you may need a relay )

From what I can see for Ring Intercom...

Electrical Rating: 4.35VDC 0.75A

I don’t fit ring and from what I’ve googled it doesn’t mention any lock release output ….but I could be wrong

Sponsored Links
Not Ring doorbell, Ring Intercom…

Sorry I miss read your original post , that’s not going to work as it is an interface for a working system ….eg it connects to a working internal handset on the system , yours does not work due to no connection/ damaged wires so it won’t work

Sorry I miss read your original post , that’s not going to work as it is an interface for a working system ….eg it connects to a working internal handset on the system , yours does not work due to no connection/ damaged wires so it won’t work
My thought was that the intercom handset that the ring connects to sends an open signal via connector 5 to the Videx intercom, that in turn connects to the gate, and the other connection being ground.

Was hoping I could bypass the intercom and connect direct to the gate.

However, this now means I need to reconnect the Videx power supply and the Videx intercom units in the gate box with the Ring connecting directly to the intercom (same as it would have been connecting to the handset), which then sends the open signal to the gate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back