Videx GSM Door Intercom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I have the standard problem of not having the engineer's code and I am deciding what to do!

We bought a new house with an electric gate (BTF) and a GSM Door Intercom. The intercom is currently ringing the seller's telephone number and to add in our telephone numbers I need the engineer's/master code which the seller as a technophobe doesn't know. So annoying and of course to get someone out it would cost money that I currently don't have - houses are expensive!!

I have pored over the installation manual and I can see you can reset a few ways. I was thinking about resetting with a jumper across two terminals so I just reset the master code and not do a factory reset. But I've never done it before this way and so was after a bit of help.

The manual says to power down the intercom and then put a short across 2 terminals and power up and remove the short after the 3rd beep. But do I just unscrew the jumper or do I power down and remove? A factory reset occurs after the 4th beep and so I am thinking I need to unscrew the short with the power on but this could be madness.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mina

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back