Videx 835 - gate opens on outside button press

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all,

We have been having some problems with our intercom system. The model is a Videx 835. On the label which is on the intercom module, there are also the number 0 (zero) and the letter A manually marked with a felt pen. There are 10 door buttons in two modular sets of 5 buttons each. The third module is the intercom itself with all the wiring.

A few weeks ago we were having problems where if someone called one of the apartments by pressing the outside buttons, the intercom phones sounded the bell but then one could only hear the person calling the door but the caller could not hear anyone from the apartments.

Now the problem has changed. If anyone calls any of the apartments by pressing the respective buttons, the gate is buzzed open immediately and the telephone intercoms do not sound at all. Effectively, our system is opening for anyone pressing any of the buttons.

I had a look at the wiring and nothing seems amiss. I tried eliminating each of the five-button modules by disconnecting them from the C connector in order to check whether there is a problem with any one of the modules and the problem still persisted. Therefore I think the problem lies in the intercom module itself.

I am not an expert in electronics although I am quite technical with tools (I used to maintain all sorts of power tools - mainly Makita - quite a long time ago). Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Would guess one of the cables have a short ...probably Someone has either tried to change a handset and got it wrong

Actually, today I noticed that from my intercom phone I can only hear a faint buzzing sound and cannot hear and street nose at all. I'll have to ask the other tenants. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the late reply. The following is the intercom. I apologise for the wiring but the guy who installed it apparently thought that there would be some 16A.

The unit's contact points were cleaned and the wires with a fresh end.

Attachments

• IMG_20181024_140052.jpg
    IMG_20181024_140052.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 316
Actually, it does look a mess :). I had the time to remove the unit and open its cover and although the contact points look corroded on the outside, on the inside there was quite minimal corrosion. I was actually surprised as I expected more corrosion. Still no joy as there is no visual damage which can be seen. I guess I'll have to call the Videx representatives.

Sometimes it's a disconnect all the flats ...then add back on one at a time ...this is all ok if they all come back to the panel as some may be daisy chained....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back