Smart Dumbell Sink Drain Waste Removal Tool

Sponsored Links
Way back Monument used to make one - before that I made one out of a piece of steel pipe;) Mainly for installing wastes - removing then usually means cutting off below the basin including the nut. I've looked and can't find one on t'net.

Thanks Nige,

I was in Screwfix & Toolstation tonight and they have nothing like it. I've found a few on eBay but they ship from the US and the postage is silly money. 3 times the price of the tool.

Was also wondering when I finally do get the old ones out, because they are so old, will I have trouble fitting new ones to the existing copper pipework bearing in mind the old stuff will be imperial threads?

are you talkin about a kitchen sink - SS or pot etc ?
or is it a bathroom wall hung pot basin on a ped or in a vanity?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nige,

Was also wondering when I finally do get the old ones out, because they are so old, will I have trouble fitting new ones to the existing copper pipework bearing in mind the old stuff will be imperial threads?
Threads have remained the same ;)

are you talkin about a kitchen sink - SS or pot etc ?
or is it a bathroom wall hung pot basin on a ped or in a vanity?

Bathroom basin and bath. Bath is cast iron I think and the basin is wall hung with a couple of ornate metal brackets screwed into the wall that help support it from underneath.

Threads have remained the same ;)

Excellent.

Thanks

What's wrong with the old one? If it's period and want to retain the look, you may be able to get it refurbished.

What's wrong with the old one? If it's period and want to retain the look, you may be able to get it refurbished.

They're both well worn. A refurb of the the chrome would be an option I suppose but I'd need to find somewhere local to do it plus would be without a bath & sink for a day or two.

Worth looking into though.

Thanks

You can get internal wrenches but they're also pricey. Although they do have more uses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back