Smart heating controller advice for unusual set-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking at upgrading our heating timer to a smart one or at least a wireless thermostat if possible. Out current set up is:

Two source Vented gravity fed system.

Oil boiler with one pump on it, motorised valve on the heating circuit.. Thermostat on the boiler directly.

Danfoss sef3e controller with manual override for HW and CH.

No thermostat in the house at all.

Open fire with back boiler plumbed in. When fire lit hot water gravity fed, with another pump and manual switch to send water to radiators.

Here's the tricky bit. I cant seem to get a straight answer on whether the smart systems can just energise the CH circuit which powers the motorised valve or not. I need that as when open fire is on, it needs to be open to pump the water around the radiators. currently the danfoss set3e is configured that the CH rocker switch when set to on enables the valve to be open.
I contacted hive and they don't seem to either understand my question or if they do whether the receiver can do this.

Anyone able to shed any light on this?

Have attached pictures of the current oil boiler setup.

Thanks on advance

Attachments

• 20221124_180549.jpg
    20221124_180549.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20221124_172738.jpg
    20221124_172738.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back