Smart Multipoint Locks replacing Deadbolt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Yale Connexis lock on my house in the UK with a UPVC door. This all works fine and I love the key-less locking concept. I also have a house in Mexico and had hoped to get something similar. The problem is, the door we have in Mexico uses a single deadbolt mechanism and has a chamfered edge rather than a flush one like in England, and it turns out, I can't buy the Connexis lock here anyway!

I can buy the Samsung SBS H505 in our local Home Depot though. This seems to be very similar to the Connexis in function, with the added benefit of being able to track every open and close (unlike the Connexis which only tracks unlocks using the phone app, which doesn't work very well). So, since Home Depot seem to have these marked down (Smart stuff only launched in Mexico in the last 3 months, so there is very little take up), it seems like a good opportunity to get one at a decent price. I'm just not sure if it will fit on the existing door, or if I need to replace the door.

I've attached a few photos of the door and lock, and I'm hoping someone with some expertise in doors and different types of locks can tell me what I need to make this work.

The current lock is quite typical of door locks here, but to my mind seems very insecure, especially as the part it locks into is just a wooden frame too (the other side of the chamfer). Most locksmiths here only have experience of relatively basic locks, so asking a locksmith here for advice, doesn't really help. The stock answer here is "of course I can do it", but the reality isn't quite the same.

To my, uninformed, mind, I think I need to replace the door with one that has a flush profile and fit a new door frame, or can I simply adapt this door to work with the Samsung lock? Any advise would be hugely appreciated.
IMG_20181112_123026.jpg IMG_20181112_123021.jpg IMG_20181112_123015.jpg IMG_20181112_123010.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back