Smart Thermostat Compatibility; Google Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Honeywell battery operated thermostat that controls my combi boiler; Worcester Bosch.

I was hoping to change the thermostat to a smart thermostat, ideally the Google nest, and have taken the old thermostat off. the circuit plate underneath reads;

A x B y C

with a wire going into A, and one into B. There is also a blue wire not wired in. Is this possible to wire straight into a Google nest thermostat?

thanks for your help.

sam

photo attached in upload

Attachments

• 35DA8141-3501-4202-A76F-E877D7B5F4F2.jpeg
    35DA8141-3501-4202-A76F-E877D7B5F4F2.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Hi,

Without any changes to the wiring at the other end of that cable; the Nest Thermostat E would seem to be your best option.
The E Heat Link is battery operated and would fit on the wall where your existing wiring is.
I hope that makes sense! :)

If you wanted Nest learning thermostat, you could use those 2 wires for T1 and T2, but you’d need to wire the heat link into then boiler, or wherever the wiring is. Might be best as per @RandomGrinch, with the Nest E.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back