Smart TV for old person

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to find a simpleish TV for my Dad so he can watch iplayer. His current one already has iplayer but you have to go through so many steps to open it up, sign in etc... he finds it too confusing

Been trying to find one that has an iplayer button on the remote but I don't think it exists!

Any idea's?
thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a Panasonic. It’s about 7 years old now. No dedicated iPlayer button but you can add any app to the home button so only two presses max to get into any app such as iplayer, itv hub, prime etc. They do have a dedicated Netflix button though. Also, it has Freeview play. Same as when you press the 'guide' button but as well as seeing what’s coming up, you can go back and see what has been on up to a week ago without going through iPlayer, itv hub etc. So you just scroll to that and hit the button when you land on the programme you want to watch.

4815FC70-69AA-44E6-BD28-46CE70F7C6C1.jpeg

You only have to sign in just the once on all those catch-up apps. The idea being that if you switched off halfway through a programme, when you next turn it on you can pick it up straight from there.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have Samsung, all have dedicated icon [iplayer etc] and can be configured in any order.Many programs offer I click switch thru to player etc via RED button.

I have an LG with their WebOS (although mine is now about 5 years old so might be different now).
It doesn't have a dedicated iPlayer button, but the big button in the middle opens the apps along the bottom, and you can add/remove them, so I think, in theory, you could just have Live TV and iPlayer - although I haven't actually tried deleting all. It might get upset, or have some fixed there.

I have a samsung and the remote is horrible (far too many buttons really poorly designed). There's a netflix, amazon and Hulu button but no iplayer. What model do you have?
My remote has no individual buttons for iPlayer etc , just a home button giving a list of all apps .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back