smartfit by honeywell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a smartfit control for my central heating.Upstairs is freezing cold and a cold blast of air comes down the stairs.Were from god only knows they have checked everything.
The boiler on a very cold day or i should say thermostat is set to 22c,only one problem once it reaches that tep,it wont come back on.The house gets freezing cold and this has been tested four times,you have to iether open the front door for 25 minutes,or turn it up,what would you do.I turn it up,then it gets so ruddy hot you have to turn it down.So it goes on and on i feel like kicking the efin thing off the wall.Smartfit is total rubbish.It seems you cant even get the round type thermostat to place in the living room.whats happening,is it kill off the pensioners,it costs a fortune to run,and it was only fitted last November .My bills have been £160.58,£158.00 and in just 1 month £78 quid,and its only set on 21c.In that real cold spell we had it came on at 7.30am,then just ran and never went off except after 1030pm.

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me that the problem is anything but the smartfit controls was the system fitted by Warmfront by chance?? :confused:

No just a plain combo system.It has not worked right since the one man installed it in a week.The actuator was supposed to be naff,so they changed it,then the next one did not work,so i took the Thermostat off the tank gave the tank a rub with a bit of fine emmery,put it back and its worked since.There reply,it must have changed temp when you took it off the tank.I could scream,the guy from the council is so thick its unbelievable.It needs chanfing to a Y system,and the upstairs rads being
made longer,they just dont hold any heat,As soon as the boiler stops sycling,it goes stone cold,every single rad.

you can tell when you get a actuator fault or any part of a smartfit it comes up with a fault code.

Sponsored Links
you can tell when you get a actuator fault or any part of a smartfit it comes up with a fault code.

Not on my system it dont.I have a 7 day programer come thermostat,its the bigest piece of junk i have ever seen.I think its a T8677B1006 Honeywell

THats because there isn't anything wrong with the Controls it sounds like a system circulation /Radiator sizing issue!! :confused:

THats because there isn't anything wrong with the Controls it sounds like a system circulation /Radiator sizing issue!! :confused:

Yep thats what i thought,but no they say the rads are the corect size for the house,my previouse system the old Baxi back boiler worked for 20 years.It was great,the rads held the heat,due to the water channels being wide,and it was cheaper to run than this heap of c--p.50% of the heat wasted up the chimley yet it was still cheaper to run and it kept the house warm.I have come to the conclusion that council engineers are actualy idiots in disguise

if the room stat is set at 22 and it reaches 22, and the heating stays off, it must mean that the place where the stat is, is at 22 still, so if the house is getting cold, the stat is incorrectly placed.

if the room stat is set at 22 and it reaches 22, and the heating stays off, it must mean that the place where the stat is, is at 22 still, so if the house is getting cold, the stat is incorrectly placed.

probably in the airing cupboard. :LOL:

Radiators aren't supposed to hold heat. They're supposed to get rid of it. Into your room.

Do you have thermostat valves on all the radiators? Do the downstairs radiators get hot much faster than the upstairs when you first switch on the heating? Do the upstairs rads get as hot as downstairs after the heating has been on a while? It's possible you could re-balance the radiators to improve things if you want upstairs to heat better. Or get a door ;) If money was an issue then I wouldn't want to heat the entire house to 22C when I never go in half the rooms.

That won't fix your thermostat on/off problem. Presumably the spot where the thermostat is stays warm while the rest of the house cools down. Possibly the insulation is poor, then you need to move the thermostat to a spot that cools down quicker. Or perhaps the thermostat has a very big range between on and off. You could check with a thermometer in the same spot.

Or perhaps the problem is that you feel cold when it is 21C unless there is some radiant heat. Then you just need a fire :oops:

I have a smartfit control for my central heating.Upstairs is freezing cold and a cold blast of air comes down the stairs.Were from god only knows they have checked everything.
The boiler on a very cold day or i should say thermostat is set to 22c,only one problem once it reaches that tep,it wont come back on.The house gets freezing cold and this has been tested four times,you have to iether open the front door for 25 minutes,or turn it up,what would you do.I turn it up,then it gets so ruddy hot you have to turn it down.So it goes on and on i feel like kicking the efin thing off the wall.Smartfit is total rubbish.It seems you cant even get the round type thermostat to place in the living room.whats happening,is it kill off the pensioners,it costs a fortune to run,and it was only fitted last November .My bills have been £160.58,£158.00 and in just 1 month £78 quid,and its only set on 21c.In that real cold spell we had it came on at 7.30am,t
hen just ran and never went off except after 1030pm.

Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay for this crap installation ?

The boiler on a very cold day or i should say thermostat is set to 22c,only one problem once it reaches that tep,it wont come back on.The house gets freezing cold and this has been tested four times,you have to iether open the front door for 25 minutes,or turn it up,what would you do.I turn it up,then it gets so ruddy hot you have to turn it down.So it goes on and on i feel like kicking the efin thing off the wall.Smartfit is total rubbish.It seems you cant even get the round type thermostat to place in the living room.whats happening,is it kill off the pensioners,it costs a fortune to run,and it was only fitted last November .My bills have been £160.58,£158.00 and in just 1 month £78 quid,and its only set on 21c.In that real cold spell we had it came on at 7.30am,t
hen just ran and never went off except after 1030pm.

Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay for this crap installation ?

I did not pay for it the coucil fitted the heap of cr-p or had it fitted by a young bloke on his own,and left us freezing for a week.
Since this heating as been installed i have developed a condition called dry eye.Which i did not have before they installed it.Honneywell are comming out on Tuesday to find out what the hell is going on.I have read the book of distructions,but you try working a heating system that wont turn off becouse its to cold,then when it can reach the temp it wont turn back on.ANYONE GOT ANY ARSNIC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back