Smashed UPVC window sill....DOH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Knock an old cuboard out in bedroom so said to Mrs instead of carying all the rubbish through house i would throw it all out of bedroom window onto drive outside.... good idea i thought.. spent a while throwing it out , then went down to my drive to tidy it all up and take to tip.....
I couldnt belive it when i looked at the downsatirs window sill and could see a hole of approx 3" diameter where something has hit it... BOL**CKS!! , so can i just replace the window sill or is it a full new window ?? or does anyone know a good neat way of hiding it ... a cover or somethin??

Sponsored Links
As no experts have answered your post yet. I would say try and find a UPVC cover of some sort as the original sill will have been screwed to the under side of the frame before fitting, so to do it properly would mean taking out the glass units then removing the frame & fitting a new cill.
Hope this helps,
JonB

Take a look in your local rag or trade publication for firms who do UPVC repairs. It is possible to fill/repair holes, but it needs doing with the proper filler etc.

Sponsored Links
UPVC windows normally sit on top of the cill . You may be lucky and be able to remove the mortar under it and slide it out but i doubt that will happen . Just whip the window out and replace the cill .

just to add on from above, take the glass unit out and see if the frame is screw to the cill first, not always though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back