Smeg dishwasher aquastop fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased what at first appearered to be an unused Smeg dishwasher. Before fitting the water and waste hoses, I plugged it into the electrical socket to ensure the electrical supply was working. At that stage, an error message was displayed which I didnt think too mich about as tge machine was not fully installed at that stage and if tge program was calling for watet and none came, it would display an error message right?

My partner having carefully fitted the machine I turned it on again and after a few seconds (with a sound like the machine was trying to start the cycle) the error code returned. I then checked which code and it is "aquastop failure".

I understand the concept of the aquastop and have read an old but detailed thread of another contributor who found a leak inside the base of his machine. Before i get the machine all out and check the base (bearing in mind I dont think it has ever been used) is it possible that tuening the electrics on and pressing the maim power button on the dishwasher without connecting the hoses could cause the aquastop to trip. If so, how can I reset it?
If not, given that I cant see any water, what is the most likely culprit? If there is no water visible in the area of the hoses..could it sill be an inadequately fitted hose..is it that sensitive?

The last thread mentioned a faulty pressure senso as the alternative culprit. Are these expensive and will I need an engineer to fit this?

I would like tobtry to reset the aquastop to see if the problem persists but dont know how. All advice much appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back