Smeg Aquastop

Only 'Finish Power Ball' - there was also salt in the salt pot - but now i've emptied it all out - but left the water softner that you refferred to in it - luckily, cause i almost prised the pot open with a screwdriver to remove it! :D

1 Question - I've decided to reassemble it all and try and run it whilst looking at it from underneath, as i 'think' i may have found what the problem was. When i was assemblying the outlet pump back together, i screwed a screw in one side, and whilsti was doing that, i noticed that there was also a clip on the other, that you push up and it clips in and holds it there really firmly, but i can't remember it being clipped on that side when i undone it, i think i remember it being loose and moving around whilst i was unscrewing the screw to remove it.

It may have been when i removed it a couple of years ago, it stopped pumping out and i removed that pump and found a piece of glass wedged in the propellers, i removed the glass and reassembled the pump and all was well until a little while ago when it started tripping the AquaStop - so with a bit of luck this may have been where it was leaking from.

But, can i run it without it sitting in its base so i can see underneath if there are any leaks?

Also, can it bit tipped up at an angle when running?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SleepyHead - I'm trying to wire the Aquastop wiring plug back up and have a problem. When i took the two wires out of the Aquastop plug at the dishwasher side (the wires run along the inside of the inlet tube and come out of the tube under the dishwasher) two wires went into the Aquastop plug, they were both blue when i looked earlier so i didn't think it would be a problem so didn't note which went into which plug. However, now that i'm plug then back in, i've noticed that one is blue, and one is a tab slighter lighter in colour, they plug into the brown and blue plug of the wiring that runs through the water inlet tube.

Does it matter which way around these go? I've taken a guess, i've paired the two blues of the same colour up, and the slighly lighter blue i've paired up with teh brown.

I hope it doesn't go bang!!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I don't have any wiring diagrams for your machine so cannot give definite advice on that.
At a guess it shouldn't really matter, should be a live and neutral running up the hose to the valve and one of them will be switched by the float switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back