Smeg Dishwasher DWD1SSE-1 keeps stopping during wash cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Smeg DWD1SSE-1 dishwasher and it works fine on rinse cycle, but on cycles that require heat it stops a number of times and after pressing and holding the start button it will continue to the end of the cycle.

I think that it is possibly the heating element the door thermostat that is faulty. But before i change the heater it would be nice to correctly diagnose if it is faulty.

If I disconnect the heater and try the dishwasher on a cycle requireing heat, will the door thermostat trip the diswasher when it senses that the water is not being heated.

I have tested the heater with a multi meter, with the heater disconnected giving a reading of 31ohms. Also, tested the door thermostat, and the resistance dropped as it was placed for a while in hot water.

Not sure what else to try, as no error codes are displayed and the water gets hot, but the dishwasher just keeps stopping but then will continue from where it has stopped when the start button is held in.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Many thanks
Tpaling

Sponsored Links
Hi
I am having the same problem as you with the same model. Did you ever find the answer to your problem? Please advise
Many thanks,
Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back