Smeg 12043 DWI612C dishwasher gets stuck on the wash cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Smeg 12043 DWI612C dishwasher gets stuck on the wash cycle.

Water comes in and out, the soak cycle (lamp one on the left lit) works fine (wets stuff, drains, ends), and I've performed multiple resets (power on, press mode button 4 times in 3 sec, lamp indicators 1 and 5 light, power off for 20 seconds, power on, run rinse cycle to completion, drains to empty). I've also forced an end to the cycle (hold mode button 3 sec, lamps 4 and 5 light, close door and the thing drains ok, but no hot rinse of course - this just concludes the wash cycle).

While the soak cycle is fine any of the wash cycles simply run on and on, periodically stopping briefly and starting again with a beep-beep. I've let it run 10hrs to see if it will snap out of it. Perhaps coincidentally this started occurring when I had some hot-water boiler issues where water wasn't heating at the boiler. At that time the dishwasher started it's prolonged cycle and I thought it could be something to do with heating its own water (which should happen regardless, if the hot feed comes in under 30deg according to the manual). The boiler is now fixed but the problem is still occurring.

The dispenser does open, the wash is running with hot water (dont' know if it's self heating or not), and there are no error codes indicated by the display lamps. The endless cycle it's running is has bubbles, indicating it that it is the wash rather than rinse cycle that is looping.

Any (constructive, lol) suggestions welcomed!

:)
Simon

Sponsored Links
You may shorten the cycle times a little by connecting to a hot water supply, but it also reduces the wash quality.
Regardless of that if a dishwasher seems to "wash into infinity" then you have a heater fault. It could be the element, thermostat/NTC, wiring, or pcb. You'll just have to start at one end & check them off the list.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back