SMEG Dishwasher leaking into base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice regarding my dishwasher. It's about 3 years old and about twice in the time period it has stopped working following a build up of water in the base triggering the float switch cut off. However this it now happening every cycle.

After some investigation I have identified where the water is leaking from, it's coming from the door where the wiring connects. I assume that this will be the lower door seal that's failed but just wanted a second opinion before I take the plunge and order the part.

Andrew

Attachments

• WP_20190718_07_36_46_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190718_07_36_46_Pro.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,037
  • WP_20190718_07_37_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190718_07_37_25_Pro.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 971
Sponsored Links
Appreciate this has been a long break but got round to fitting a new lower door seal as everything seemed to point to that being the issue. However it hasn't resolved the issue however having dismantled the door to fit it I now have a better view of whats going on. So the "tray" under the door fills up, primarily through the two gaps in the lower door seal which are present on the original so I assume are there for a reason.

The water then flows into what look like drains/overflows at each end and into the bottom of the machine.

Not being familiar with these things is it expected that a small amount of water gets into this "tray" but then is supposed to drain back into the machine through the gaps in the bottom of the door seal?

In which case if my issue a drain issue, ie. too much water in the machine leads to too much water in the "tray"?

Help, I'm out of ideas and don't want to buy any other parts that might not be necessary.

Andrew

Attachments

• WP_20190901_14_08_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190901_14_08_35_Pro.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 745
  • WP_20190901_14_24_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190901_14_24_24_Pro.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 913
Have a close look at the lower spray arms, they sometimes spilt on the side seams and put a sideways jet of water out, overwhelming the lower seal.

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem

Sponsored Links
After reading all the above threads which correspond to my problem I took your advice and hey presto the side seem is split! Very many thanks and will try a new spray arm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back