1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

SMEG Dishwasher leaking into base

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by romeolima, 18 Jul 2019.

1. romeolima

romeolima

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    After some advice regarding my dishwasher. It's about 3 years old and about twice in the time period it has stopped working following a build up of water in the base triggering the float switch cut off. However this it now happening every cycle.

After some investigation I have identified where the water is leaking from, it's coming from the door where the wiring connects. I assume that this will be the lower door seal that's failed but just wanted a second opinion before I take the plunge and order the part.

Andrew

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. romeolima

romeolima

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Appreciate this has been a long break but got round to fitting a new lower door seal as everything seemed to point to that being the issue. However it hasn't resolved the issue however having dismantled the door to fit it I now have a better view of whats going on. So the "tray" under the door fills up, primarily through the two gaps in the lower door seal which are present on the original so I assume are there for a reason.

The water then flows into what look like drains/overflows at each end and into the bottom of the machine.

Not being familiar with these things is it expected that a small amount of water gets into this "tray" but then is supposed to drain back into the machine through the gaps in the bottom of the door seal?

In which case if my issue a drain issue, ie. too much water in the machine leads to too much water in the "tray"?

Help, I'm out of ideas and don't want to buy any other parts that might not be necessary.

Andrew

Attached Files:

4. assuhors

assuhors

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have a close look at the lower spray arms, they sometimes spilt on the side seams and put a sideways jet of water out, overwhelming the lower seal.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Sponsored Links