Smeg DWD612CSS Intergrated Dishwasher DEAD?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher obviously had a moment last night the cycle was still running this morning. I opened it up to see it full of water and the spray nozzle that attaches to the main spray arm on the base had unattached itself.

I reattached it and continued the cycle to completion only it didn't end with the final bleeps as normal and there was still a small amount of water sat in the base (much less than before so it did pump some out)

I removed all the water with a sponge, made sure all the various filter bits were clean. Then was going to put it on a quick program just to check all is well. Only it won't start a program, when I power it up, all four of the cycle lights and the last program light flash briefly and then go out. No bleeps.

I have tried the hold down program 1 + 2 to reset it, and after reading this forum the press 4 times in 3 seconds but its just the same.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Talking to myself probably but..

I got bared and decided to open up the control panel so see if I could spot anything obvious (I just had a whirlpool top load washing machine repair at great cost for a 6p fuse)

Well something has happened to the pcb, denoted by an obvious electrical fire (thankfully small as I am pretty sure it must have happened over night)

I don't know exactly which wire is which but it looks as if the main power in to the board, the wires that come on to the board from above through the stretched D shaped hole have arched over, melting the plastic plug that mounts then to the prongs.

I think I know the answer to this already, but is it worth having the pcb repaired? Given that the dishwasher is 5 years old and the repair would be about 20% of the original purchase price. A new part if I could find one seems to be almost half the original purchase price.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Ouch indeed!!

That seems about right thought from the other prices I have seen. Seems a little over the top I think I only paid around £250 for the machine in the first place. Oh well its prompting me to finally remodel the kitchen (well overdue in all honest)

Be good for the kids to learn to wash up too.

Such a shame to dump something which could be repaired. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back