SMEG DWF410SS Freezes, no error codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a SMEG DWF410SS slimline, its about 7 years old now and a problem that has started which happened perhaps a year ago and seemed to fix itself.

A regular wash and it would stop midway or anywhere random in the wash cycle. It would not have any error codes or flashing etc just the light about the type of wash was selected a tthe beginning. The clock would stop and thats it. If i pressed the start button again and held it down it would start up,clear the tubes etc and if held for about a minute would continue on until it decided to stop once again.

So can get thru tho the end of the cycle if i hold down the times it does stop.

But there is no water in the bottom, the pumps will clear it just seems to just stop, like a dead shudder.

Without error codes, im at a lost as to what is the error.

Have tried unplugging from the outlet, also tried the reset routine that ive seen on forums and doesnt seemto do anything, so am hoping for a last bit of help before i call the expensive repair men.

Any tips or suggestions, as at this stage can try anything as its a worthless machine at the moment.

Would anyone suggest using SMEGs own repair service also? too expensive?

thanks
in advance

Mike from London

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back