Smeg integrated fridge freezer temperature problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have moved into a flat with a Smeg integrated fridge freezer.
The problem is the fridge is "warm" (according to an independent thermometer)
Freezer is fine and the compressor does kick in when cooling is required.
Regardless of the position of the stat the temperature does not drop below 10 degrees, this seems to be the setpoint that the fridge is working to?
Open the door 10 degrees, if the fridge warms up cooling called on, forcing temp back down to 10 degrees, cooling off.
Before I begin to take kitchen doors off, would anyone be able to offer any advice??

Regards

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you could have a faulty thermostat. Is the control knob within the fridge compartment? I take it from what you say in your post the compressor is not running all the time?

The control is in the fridge compartment range 1 to 7, no matter the position will only chill to 10 degrees. The compressor does not run all the time, it seem to work just not across the full temperature range. I had thought thermostat, but was not sure. Thanks for the reply it is appreciated.

Now I have just go to work out how to get the cover off!!

Model is SMEG CR325A1, again any advice on that would be great.

Regards

It sounds like the thermostat could be inaccurate if that's the case. I can't picture the exact thermostat housing. Turn the power to the cabinet off, if the light bulb cover is attached to the thermostat housing remove it and see if there is a screw hidden in there, some can be a fiddle to remove.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice RED1990, there is a screw behind the switch for the light. I had previously gently pulled this back, to see if I could work out the internal arrangement, why they make these things so difficult to work on is beyond me.

Thanks again

2841056" said:
Chers there is a screw behind the switch for the light but you can easy end up breaking and leaving part of the stat in the cabinet this i found out when agsrefrigeration a service agent of smeg in london attended the engineer had pulled this back and repaired fault.

Steer clear of a company called agsrefrigeration, they have some very shady practices.

For example, I wouldn't trust anyone who made multiple posts on DIY and consumer websites, using numerous false names, dishonestly pretending to be satisfied customers.

Would you?

Do your own search on agsrefrigeration and make up your own mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back