SAMSUNG FRIDGE /FREEZER TEMPERATURE PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!!!!! I have an american style samsung fridge freezer (S520 WH1/XCU. bought 3-4 years ago roughly.
About 3 months ago both the fridge and the freezer was warm despite being set at -20 and 2 degrees, the display panel was showing the right temperature but the fridge had warmed and everything defrosted.

Once the temperature has reached the temp set on the control panel, the panel stays showing those temps, but the fridge and the freezer both warm up, the fan has been checked, the sensors inside fridge/freezer have been replaced as has the pcb main board to no avail, I have to switch it off at the mains every 4 hours to try to keep food cool in the fridge as once its switched off at the mains it will recognise that it has got warm, show the real temperature it has got to, and will then cool itself to the desired temp, but again will warm up once it gets to the right temp.

Samsung recommended a company who to cut a very long story short have messed me about for the last 3 months and failed to turn up most times let alone fix it. :evil: Samsung say no-one else cover wales and refuse to help as its out of warranty, have phoned local companies who wont touch samsung fridge or just say they dont know whats wrong so wont call out, so any advice appreciated !!!!!

Sponsored Links
Not the best of machines and certainly not the easiest to get information on.
As a short term measure it would be worthwhile buying a plug in timer and having it switch the appliance on and off for you.

Thinking about it, 4 or 5 hours would be about right for bringing in the defrost heater. If the heater or sensors for the heater have failed then it will stay in this state.
Switching off and on again resets the pcb so it starts over again.

i have a samsung fridge / freezer modal no rs21dcsv and the freezer has stoped freezing but the fridge still works and now the water dispenser has stoped , when you open the freezer door the motor stops"

Sponsored Links
Do a Google search on Samsung fridge/freezer problems and you will find you're not alone! There was even a recall notice on earlier models, I seem to remember, so if that's correct you should make sure you aren't among those.

Beware of a company called agsrefrigeration, they have some very shady practices.

For example, I wouldn't trust anyone who made multiple posts on DIY and consumer websites, using numerous false names, dishonestly pretending to be satisfied customers.

Would you?

Do your own search on agsrefrigeration and make up your own mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back