Smell coming up sink and bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting smells from the drains coming up my sink and bath hole. I have looked out side and the soil pipe is on the wall and they have cut the 40mm waste pipe what connects to bath ans sink wste. I know that this is ok to do but is there any way of stopping the smells coming up from the soil pipe ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you got traps on your bath and sink. If you have it sounds like they are getting sucked out!

Hi, Have you got anything above these? Cos they may may well be sucking the water from them, or have you not got a vent on the soil pipe which the sink and bath connects too. Or do they connect to some other pipe?

Sponsored Links
No have not got anything above these and not sure if there is a vent on the soil pipe I will check when its light tomorrow. I dont think it has though, I resume you are ment to have one.

Kool, If you don't have a vent at the top of the pipe. chances are it will create a vacuum and suck the water out of the other pipes creating a smell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back