Smell up shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a smell coming up my shower sometimes. The bathroom got moved so a new waste pipe got fitted what goes out the wall into a grid.

On that waste pipe is bath then sink then shower off sink. The smell only comes up shower as there is a trap on bath and sink. I believe the pipe from the sink to shower is holding a little water but also there is no trap on the shower what holds abit of water as a barrier. Hence then smell coming up.

Can I get one to fit on the pipe before shower to at a a barrier for smell ?

The trap what is on is similar to the one in the link, if this does hold water the water must be getting pulled out when dropping bath. If so would fitting a air admittance valve by shower help ?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/hi-flow-shower-waste-90mm-chrome/28463

Sponsored Links
Why isn't there a Trap already fitted? Is there enough space, or lack thereof? Fit a Hepvo then, inline, if space is at a premium.

Why isn't there a Trap already fitted? Is there enough space, or lack thereof? Fit a Hepvo then, inline, if space is at a premium.
This is the space behind shower. What would be the best trap to try and get fitted ?

Attachments

• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
And a photo of the waste looking down in the shower tray?
There should be an inner cup/tube that creates the trap. Dismantle whatever is inside the tray waste by lifting bits out and show us pics of the bits that make it up.

Where does the thin blue pipe come from, and why is there some much plumbers mate around the fitting. You could fit a Hepvo trap at the between the greay and white pipe in the first picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back