Smelly kitchen advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I had a dishwasher installed and since then I've had an awful damp smell in the kitchen. The waste pipe going into the ground was cemented in and the area around the waste pipe was wet. We removed the concrete and made sure there were no blockages and recemented it back but it's still wet and smelly. Any advice please?

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 136
Sponsored Links
If the area around the waste pipe is wet then the waste is not all going down the pipe. If it's wet you will smell damp. There must be a blockage/break somewhere in that pipe and if you cannot see it on any of the exposed parts of the pipe then I think you will have to go digging for it. Also check for runs on the pipe perhaps indicating that the flow is too much for the pipe and that is causing it to back up.

Thank you so much for your advice, I have a bf who is not very good at Asking for help so I will let him know of your advice. Much appreciated thanks again.

Kerry, can we have a picture of the actual waste pipe please, side view, from top to where it enters the floor. Can see there's possibly a major problem already, need to confirm it though.

Sponsored Links
Yes no problem, I will get the bf to remove the cement later on and I will get a picture sent over asap thank you.

Thanks for all the advice, there is a major block somewhere still so Plummer coming out tomorrow. Thanks again x

Hi there does the dishwasher go into any sort of ubend water trap to stop smells.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back