Smoke detectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My old intruder alarm system (Galaxy 16+), due for DIY upgrade to a Flex 50 shortly, includes wired smoke detectors, all of which were disabled in the software before we moved in.

I'm wondering whether it is better to purchase new detector heads to match the existing (Morley 2351E, still readily available), or replace with combined smoke and CO etectors, or whether to leave these off the Flex system altogether, and buy indeendent battery operated detectors that I can locate whereverever I want (rather than being tied to the inconvenient current locations of the detector heads)

I'm thinking that the old detectors must have been removed for a reason, and that standalone detectors have probably come on leaps and bounds (reduce power consumption, long life batteries etc) since the days of the oreignial Galaxy installation.

Are there any other significant benefits to retaining smoke detectors on an alarm system rather than buying standalone ones? I'm not concerned about being dependent on batteries, nor about interlinking the alarms.

Thanks,
Jon

Sponsored Links
Ideally mains operated with battery backup.

Heads need to be replaced periodically typically every 10 years.

If connected to an alarm system you could be notified when they are activated , when in the property if the units make a sound in there own right then no need to have them connected. to the alarm system???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back