smoke odour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a house but the owner is a smoker and the whole house stinks of smoke. I would plan to replace all flooring but is there a paint product available that I can just paint all the walls and ceilings with that will block all odour and stains before I paint a final top coat?

Many Thanks

Mike[/b]

Sponsored Links
Just leave the windows open and it will soon fade away.

Can anyone reccomend a product to cover the odour. Ive heard b i n is ment to be good.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Learn about how odours work and you'll realise you are talking rubbish.

What is it your nose detects? Have you never seen a room deodoriser getting smaller?

If I went to a smoky bar and came home smelling of smoke - are you saying I will always smell of smoke?

Mike, Joe is right here, if the areas are well ventilated the odours will soon disappear, yet the application of an emulsion paint over nicotine will cause it to bleed through the paintwork. Just apply a thinned oil base undercoat over the affected areas and allow to dry prior to your finish coats.

Dec

i was on about the stain not the smell :rolleyes:

I'm an x smoker and decorator.

You still have to paint, need it in punjabi ??? If you look dead hard, you will see the words stain

yet the application of an emulsion paint over nicotine will cause it to bleed through the paintwork. Just apply a thinned oil base undercoat over the affected areas and allow to dry prior to your finish coats.

Dec

I did see it, yet the point of the thread was the odour from the nicotine and not the stain, Joe based his advice on this and I agreed with him.

Dec

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a house but the owner is a smoker and the whole house stinks of smoke. I would plan to replace all flooring but is there a paint product available that I can just paint all the walls and ceilings with that will block all odour and stains before I paint a final top coat?

Many Thanks

Mike[/b]

Hi Mike, do you really need those stains sorted? or is it just the smell? thanks, ray.

Hi guys. Both stains and smells but mainly the smell as i know you can get stain block paint. Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back