Smoothing tarmac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My driveway main surface is fine but around the entrance door debris collects from windy eddies and is hard to sweep away. Is there a coating I can apply to give a smooth surface so I can hose it down and keep the grit and dust being trailed into the hallway

The area would be about 2M wide by 1M max..a sort of smooth entrance area

There is a BT socket there flush with the surface about 150mm fro the wall.

Photos tomorrow
Thanks in advance
Geof

Sponsored Links
Here's an idea - why not build a covered area, call it say a porch and have this as a buffer betwixt inside and out?

It might catch on.:whistle:

Is there enough room for a step?

Otherwise there is a paint for tarmac which would make it more smooth.

Sponsored Links
Here's an idea - why not build a covered area, call it say a porch and have this as a buffer betwixt inside and out?

It might catch on.:whistle:

Is there enough room for a step?

Otherwise there is a paint for tarmac which would make it more smooth.

thanks chaps...i think you are putting me on the right track
here is a photo i took today..

P1080043r_stitch 2.jpg

mrs crow wants the area to the right cleaned and made smooth so the small gravelly loose bits wont blow around...all the leaves and gubbins collect there too...
also she would rather the mat went ...meaning an area from the garage to perhaps 500mm to the left of the step and out to the mat outer edge smooth and tidy...ho hum

the paint idea sounds good but if you chaps just have a look and double check what you think i should do...has to be able to be done and dried in a few hours or wait till spring...spring?...no cars will run on it...my drive is wide enough to leave 1000mm from the outer edge of the step..
cheers
geof

Where would the dpc be in this picture? At the same height as the step or?

To the rhs i thought the ground looked a bit high.
No idea on the Tarmac I'm afraid(n)

Where would the dpc be in this picture? At the same height as the step or?

To the rhs i thought the ground looked a bit high.
No idea on the Tarmac I'm afraid(n)

inside the garage the two course of exposed brick runs along the inner wall and the dpc is below this and can be seen coming up from below the garage concrete base...there is no evidence of rising damp there so i assume the dpc no higher than the two course of brick...
although the drive is on a slope.
i can look tomorrow to see if the exposed brick courses are greater at the front of the house..
glad for that input
cheers
geof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back