Snapped Key Stuck in Greenstar CDi Boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

While having the apparently prolific problem with a stuck key in a Greenstar Boiler when trying to repressurise, I've pulled a little too hard and snapped the bottom off. There's still part of it stuck in the key, I've just pulled the hand grip off it.

I've tried going at it with a pair of plyers, but it's not budging... Does any one have any solution of how to get it out!?

Any advice would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is the remaining section hollow. and if so what does the cross section looks like?

How much is still sticking out?

While your using the pliers, have you tried rotating it first?

Yes the section is hollow. And the cross section is just a flat, rectangular grip. I've tried rotating, wiggling, pulling, pushing then rotating... All sorts of things. I was having difficulty getting it out when it was intact, though now it's even more difficult!

Can you force a wide screwdriver or something similar into the hollow cross section to assist in turning it whilst you pull? You may need to get a grip wrench instead of pliers.

Sponsored Links
these are a **** to get out when they break. whatever you do dont break the filling section, the cold inlet is very easy to break. turn the mains off while you try to remove the key.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back