Recharge problem Greenstar 30 cdi

avl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, When the boiler was fitted I was told I could leave the recharge key in the boiler to save having to fit and remove it to repressurise the system. I have however not needed to repressurise until now. I tried to do it today with the key in the locked position but water came out of the central part of the key. I may have over turned the key? Is this possible? I also do not seem to be able to remove the key when in the unlocked position, it appears to be stuck, could it be broken? Any advice greatfully received. I have a week old baby so do not want the heating to fail.

Sponsored Links
I tried to do it today with the key in the locked position but water came out of the central part of the key.
Key not in far enough.
I may have over turned the key?Is this possible?
Possible, but unlikely.
I also do not seem to be able to remove the key when in the unlocked position, it appears to be stuck, could it be broken?
Probably just a bit stuck. See faq 12.
Any advice greatfully received. I have a week old baby so do not want the heating to fail.
Would you have liked the heating to fail if you were on your own?

Sponsored Links
Also worth pointing out that the key shouldn't be left in place, the whole reason it's there is so that it can be removed once the system has been filled to break the filling loop. You might find there's a slot in the white tray underneath the boiler that you can put it in for storage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back