So Global warming is a myth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the first time since homo sapiens have walked upon this Earth, the likelihood is that the North Pole won't have any ice this summer - it'll be open water. In terms of timescale in regard to change in climate throughout the Earth's history - this has all happened in the blink of an eye.
Think about it. The first time in human history the North Pole has melted - and it happens on our watch. What does it all mean? Is the ice of Greenland next? (I hope not)

Sponsored Links
How to you know that then joe has there been someone going up to check every summer since man walked the earth.

(If it happens, it raises the prospect of the Arctic nations being able to exploit the valuable oil and mineral deposits below the sea bed which have until now been impossible to extract because of the thick sea ice above)
A silver lining to every cloud.

Sponsored Links
..and what do we call the war that decides the spoils?

Besides, there isn't a major oil field down there, nothing to get excited about.

..and what do we call the war that decides the spoils?

Besides, there isn't a major oil field down there, nothing to get excited about.

world war 3 i think is the next sequential one in the list

bet there is

Ice core...
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Vostok,+Antarctica

Vostok-ice-core-petit.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoclimatology
Graph of CO2 (Green graph), temperature (Blue graph), and dust concentration (Red graph) measured from the Vostok, Antarctica ice core as reported by Petit et al., 1999. Higher dust levels are believed to be caused by cold, dry periods.

A bit up and down, like the weather I guess...
:rolleyes:

When the glacier melted thousand of years ago and reshaped our landscape, whos fault was it ?

When my farther was at sea in the 40's, one year they could sail in to a certain port, the following year they could not navigate through the ice fields. These ice field did not occur every year and had no set pattern.

Was that down to global warming or just the ever changing natural occurence.

ps
Scientist have evidence that Mars has a very similar weather pattern as Earth.
Must be down to the martians producing Co2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

at any rate there is nothing we can do about it so why worry?

at any rate there is nothing we can do about it so why worry?

You'll worry if the Greenland ice is next on the list. Armageddon has nothing over Mother Nature.

We can do something anyway - stop burning fossil fuel.

With the rise in sea level - you'll certainly need them.

Sponsored Links
Back