So how do you do the waste on something like this ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've just done one, and it was a bastard of a job. The bits came from Bathstore, and whilst they look good, there was no way of fitting the vanity unit, and then pushing the pan in place. I picked up an idea from a trade mag, where the vanity unit had a front that was pushed down and locked in place at the end of the job. This allowed you to fit the hidden cistern, push the pan into place, and then slide the front of the vanity unit into place. With the front off, you push the pan backwards, and then sort of juggle the cistern tube, and the waste outlet bit by bit - something that's impossible otherwise. I got a pack of kitchen type fixings from toolstation to create the locking pins.

But if anyone can give me some tips, I'd be damn grateful as well.

Oh dear, here we go again about flexi's ;)

That's exactly why McAlpine manufacture the flexi pipe with the jubilee clip on it. So it can be connected to the pan and then the pan slid back. Flush pipe is then connected from top down once the pan's in. Sized correctly with the right fall then no issues.
Edited -- missed it was a bidet ... doh!

Last edited:
Doh, didn't even see that, cheers Andy (y), well you could use a 40/32mm flexi too for that I guess :whistle:

Sorry, didn't spot the bidet bit. But hey, I did the sharing thing didn't I. And if anyone's got a cure for stupidity, they can share that with me as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back