So what is an EXPECTED database error?

Fortunately, I'm not there quite yet, and I only did one 1.8 installation; I think 3.12 was about the last one before I went on to Windows networks - but they weren't anywher near as stable.

Sponsored Links
No, but in classic MS style it was free or cheap, and just about OK enough for enough people to use it and put up with any problems because it was free or cheap. That was often the way that they dealt with competitors - put something out so cheap that people put up with it and wait until the competitor starves to death. Netware didn't help themselves by ignoring TCP/IP for as long as they did.

Anyway - I've been experiencing more flakiness earlier this evening, and out of interest I looked to see what Cloudflare do.
What flakiness did you experience?

We have only been using Cloudflare a few days, so were not affected by the issue you posted.

Bad Gateway errors.

screenshot_1176.jpg

For some reason the screen-scrape didn't work properly - the message spilled over the edge of the pop-up, and although the screenshot shows the text, it misses the graphic showing the problem is between CloudFlare and DIYnot.

It's no biggie - doesn't happen every day, doesn't happen often on the days it does, and when it does (so far) I've lost nothing - click Post Reply again and it works. I think it does only happen when posting.

Sponsored Links
Interesting, thanks for your reply. I will look into this.

If it happens again would the ID info be of use, or would it all be in the logs anyway?

No I don't think so thank you, I believe the underlying system is at fault here. Does it only happen when you post replies?

I think so - if it happens otherwise I'll let you know.

The "unexpected error" I originally mentioned happened when I tried to visit the site.

Got this earlier in the middle of typing a post. Again, when I closed the popup nothing was lost.

screenshot_1183.jpg

I've had that happen a few times, certainly today and I think yesterday. I just refresh the page and it works. I don't know the error number.

Win10 and IE11

Also when I try to post replies or look at things, it keeps telling me I have to be signed in, which I was, it just seems to lose it.

Sponsored Links
Back