soak.com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Me and the other half have just bought our first house and so are now having to start buying stuff for it. I'm looking at ordering a quite a bit of bathroom stuff off of this website - www.soak.com - Does anyone know what the quality of the items are like (cheap crappy or actually decent)? And can anyone help me with if there are any reasons NOT to buy from them? They seem ok and have mostly good reviews, just want other opinions to whether they're any good or not.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would avoid personally - I bought a 3 section bi-fold bath shower screen from them and whilst it looks lovely its not fit for purpose and the instructions are crap e.g.

Instructions-
- State fully reversible but give no information on removing the hinges to hang the other way
- Advises sitting first (longer/taller) piece of glass directly on side of bath in wall clamp rather than using shims and silicone to raise slightly ...I did the latter but not by enough as the brush seals are a real effort to push over the side of the bath.
- Instructions for seal assembly are plain wrong as they show both (identical) vertical seals placed on the same side of the bifold glass...if you do it this way the screen leaks like a sieve and won't open

...and finally it's not fit for purpose because unless you have a bath with an aggressive slope towards the tub on the surround you will end up with a load of water on the floor as there is no threshold seal supplied. I will be going through the process of trying to make one with a fugi tool, high modulus silicone and a straight edge...failing that some 3mm half round beading will be stuck on the edge.

I should add that this is only a temporary improvement - the whole bathroom will be gutted at some point in the next year or so!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back