Good skin cream for working hands?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a good skin cream for working hands? I ordered a tub of Krakatak skin cream recently as my hands have become cracked and sore. Not sure if it'll help.

Has anyone tried this stuff before?

Sponsored Links
I used to use debs barrier cream but now use something my GP gives me, Dipro Base Emollient Cream, you can buy it!

My wife suffers from cracked fingers, uses a 'Boots' pair of gloves which are worn overnight with hand cream.

Couple for you to try....Neutrogenar which I used for years for Dermatitus in my hands because anything from the Doctors did no good. Then I found using Aloe Vera Gel amazingly got rid of the disease after 20 years of scaly split and at times bloody hands. It's also very good for sunburn and I think that's why it's good because it has anti-inflammatory properties.

Sponsored Links
iirc e 45 cream is 1 of the best imo,its also very good on scar tissue aswell.

I'd say Aloe Vera was good for lots of stuff and worth getting a plant and keeping it in the kitchen (for burns) or the bathroom (moisturiser)...or even both...

For something to carry around or use alot I'd recommend Neutragena concentrated stuff ...
used when I was a chef (constant hand washing etc) and also when I worked in a lab (wore latex gloves almost constantly)...for both I would only used when my hands started to suffer and it sorted them out quickly...

Now (just general housework/DIY) I don't use anything but have to put 'double base' (from docs but you can buy from chemist - like diprobase but easier to rub in and not so smelly) on daughter at least a couple of times per week...so an enforced regular heavy duty handcream application... :D

I had very dry skin with deep cracks in my finger ends whilst undergoing Chemotherapy late last year. I used Snowfire Ointment and the cracks healed up in a few days. It is also available at the pharmacies in larger ASDA stores.

Lotil is also a very good treatment for dry skin.

dave

another thumbs up for pure aloe vera gel.

Get a plant, they're easy to look after, and soooo handy to have around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back