Sore, easily cut hands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had exzema as a kid. Now everytime I do anything remotely physical or dusty with my hands they cut up and get dry/broken skin very easily.

I started wearing disposable latex gloves under work gloves which helped a lot but now I seem to have developed an allergic reaction to them and can't wear them with breaking out in a rash! :(

So frustrating because I can't get anything done with making my hands a mess.

Anyone else with similar troubles?

Sponsored Links
You could try using nitrile gloves. You might want to choose unpowdered ones, in case the powder causes you problems.

I find nitrile gloves are much tougher than latex and now prefer them. It's even possible to reuse them sometimes, if they're not too soiled. Even if they cost a little more, I reckon they're more economical.

I'm just the same, before doing DIY I find it helps to use some barrier creams & some hand cream afterwards.
then later more cream, then more & so on until they are supple again.

Sponsored Links
a lot of people are allergic to the corn-starch powder they use to help the gloves slip on. You can get unpowdered gloves which might suit you.

but the latex ones are not as strong as vinyl gloves at about the same price, and the blue nitrile gloves are really excellent, as xerxes says.

I never liked the smell of latex anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back