Soakaway Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Land water from the house above ours flows into our lawn making it extremely wet and boggy. I am looking to insert a pipe in the lawn to accept the water and run it into a drain. I have dug the trench down to the clay but was wondering what pipe to use?

I have seen the perforated flexi pipe but have been told that it is perforated all the way around. What I want is a pipe that it perforated half way around so that the collected water will run along the bottom of the pipe and into the drain. A fully perforated pipe would not be suitable as I don’t want the water to go back into the land. Does this pipe exist? Any suggestions on alternatives? I don't want to spend to much on this project.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that you cannot lawfully drain into the main. Should the mains ever get silted up as a result you will foot the Waterboard bill for clearing it.

Do you mean for sewage? Or do you actually mean a soakaway for surface water? You can't connect surface water into a septic tank it will get filled up in no time. Assume you mean its your own private septic tank and not shared?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back