Social Mobility - another of Mrs May's failed objectives.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like I was right:
All four members of the board of the government's Social Mobility Commission have stood down in protest at the lack of progress towards a "fairer Britain"...
In his resignation letter to Theresa May, first reported by the Observer, Mr Milburn said ministers were preoccupied with Brexit.
"It is understandably focused on Brexit and does not seem to have the necessary bandwidth to ensure that the rhetoric of healing social division is matched with the reality," he added.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42212270

Sponsored Links

I suspect social mobility has been on a gradual decline for many decades, including Labour's run in office.

I also wish you would stop posting bbc as a credible source of information, it's just a propaganda piece, at least try and dig out some stats from a semi-credible organisation from somewhere?

Sponsored Links
This is such a well-worn theme it does not surprise me to find that it now arouses a certain scepticism. “Jam tomorrow” has never made a very satisfying diet.
http://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/104335

Just About Managing today, not Just About Managing tomorrow.
Theresa May's relaunch has changed nothing – she is the 'just about managing' Prime Minister
And for the just about managing Prime Minister, life is that much harder than many people seem to realise
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...t-about-managing-prime-minister-a7835956.html

poor thing is on the verge of throwing in the towel.

Barmy extremists like Smith are trying to push her over the edge.

Roll on.

Even the unpopular Jeremy the Hunt has warned that if she goes, they follow her down the plughole.

At least with Mrs thatcher you knew exactly what she stood for, she didn't try to be something she wasn't.
All this "we feel your pain"rhetoric from Theresa is at odds with her actions,it just isn't normal behavior from a Tory.

At least with Mrs thatcher you knew exactly what she stood for, she didn't try to be something she wasn't.
All this "we feel your pain"rhetoric from Theresa is at odds with her actions,it just isn't normal behavior from a Tory.
I think she is feeling the pain, just a different kind of pain: a whipping form DUP, backstabbing by her own MPs, and kicks up the backside from David Davis and Boris Johnson.

I also wish you would stop posting bbc as a credible source of information, it's just a propaganda piece, at least try and dig out some stats from a semi-credible organisation from somewhere
Sky news also reported the same story with similar vigour.

You need to seek medication for your all consuming paranoia.(y)

I suspect social mobility has been on a gradual decline for many decades, including Labour's run in office.

I also wish you would stop posting bbc as a credible source of information, it's just a propaganda piece, at least try and dig out some stats from a semi-credible organisation from somewhere?

What a load of tosh it's not like you will read these reports. You simply will reject anything that goes against what you think is true (not not Fact but true) :)

Sponsored Links
Back