Socket switch blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a boiler service yesterday and an hour later my rcd tripped, reset it and a mcb kept tripping for kitchen circuit. So switched everything off and plugged everything back in one at a time and thought I had found it when fridge tripped it a couple of times then managed to get it to stay on after a few tries at it. So had to go out and left everything as is, came back a few hours later and all appeared fine, then plugged kettle in and socket switch blew, mcb tripped fuse okay on kettle, so took faceplate off and all cables look okay so just wondering as this socket is near the boiler(really under it) if boiler engineer had got water onto it or can anything else cause a socket switch to blow. Sorry for the long story

Sponsored Links
It does sound that Mr Wetpants has deluged your socket. Suggest you call him/her and ask (if they'll admit anything).

Turn the power off and carefully remove the socket front and look for signs of wetness.
You may be ok if you carefully dry it with a hair dryer (low setting). Or you may need a new socket.

Thanks I have a replacement socket to change over, don’t fancy drying it out as it’s scorched at the switch will be relieved if it is this as at first I thought it would be the element in the fridge/freezer

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back