Socket's and Mini Trunking

Sponsored Links
The problem is they're not designed for each other. If you use the knockouts, the trunking doesn't cover the hole, unless you're using trunking bigger than 16mm? Better off with plastic conduit in opinion and it'll look better.

Thanks for the advice guys :)
I have decided to use Conduit in place of Mini-Trucking, so the round 20mm holes will be covered properly with female conduit to back box adaptors.
It will be in a bed room but I'm not bothered about a small piece of plastic conduit or the Metal-Clad sockets, call me mad but I actually prefer the looks of them over white square plastic back boxes! Plus a desk will be in front of them so they won't been seen :LOL: [/quote]

Sponsored Links
Was just wondering if sockets like you can see in the link below are allowed too be used in conjunction with the cable being run in Mini Trunking.
Are we talking sheathed cables or singles?

Sheathed cables don't need to be enclosed at all so afaict having them appear from the end of mini trunking and bend round into a metalclad box would be acceptable (though it would be ugly as heck.

With singles you have to keep them enclosed for the whole run which would make it very difficult to comply with metal boxes and trunking.

The ONLY problem with conduit is that dust, fluff and dirt collects around the back and saddles. Trunking is much easier to keep clean

SB

And yes, I'm female......

And stuff a 2.5mm feed and return via 20mm conduit full lengths is a pita.

The other positive is that mt2 trunking directly above a square edge skirting becomes discrete (ish)when painted to match the wall finish.

oooh, yes Chri5, forgot about that one... often times if you sit it on the top of the skirting you can hardly see it - unlike conduit and the saddles...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back