Soffets and Facias Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I'm New hope you can help

The Soffets and Facias need replacing on my 1970’s house

I would like to replace them myself. I have cleaned and replaced guttering before. Not keen on heights but can cope with them

I know the boards need total replacement as they are all rotting away. I will replace with UPVC

My question

A. I have been told you need to lift the first row of tiles is this true? (If so I think I will have to save and pay someone to do it.)

B. Has anyone got some step by step instructions on where to start and how to work through the project

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
You're right - the first line of tiles are resting on the board. Also all the guttering needs to come off. Due to the length of the materials, it's a two man job, preferably working on a platform.

I have done many facia and guttering installments installments. Be ver weary of the workers chosen to carry out the work..

It is not an easy task.

Where is it u r from?

Craig

MOD

welcome to the forum craig

please see 17

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back