Soft / crumbly garage floor finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive laid a double garage slab and build the garage on it. The surface of the slab is very dusty and easy gauges.

Im guessing it wasnt trowelled enough

This floor will be getting heavy use and ive tried concrete sealer and paint before and it was Sh*t and useless. Its just a skin and i need more strength.

Im going down the route of a 30mm screed.

As a whole the floor is solid so im hoping this screed wont crack.

What are your thoughts ??

Sponsored Links
What about a Limmer coating .Like a rubbery stuff that will last and also give some insulation against damp etc.

What about a Limmer coating .Like a rubbery stuff that will last and also give some insulation against damp etc.

Nice idea ...but
The floors pi**ed and off 60mm to one side.
The floor also slopes down 50mm to the front to stop rain coming in.
It would take bags and bags of the stuff and its not cheap

Its not cheap ,I think my garage floor cost £500 to do (5m by 6m).They turn up in a wagon and pour it in by the bucket load .

Sponsored Links
you can get very tough expoxy screeds which go down at under 10mm but they are expensive i think. A 30mm screed sounds like a recipie for disaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back