Software for Scanner

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
since rebuilding my PC a few weeks ago, I loaded up what I thought was the minimum amount of s/w. I have not tried to use my scanner until just now, I discovered it does not have a program (picture editor I think) associated with it. The CD has "Abby Finereder" "Photo Impression" "photobase" and "Photo Printer" on it.

I got a "Finepix Viewer" with my Fuji camera as well, and I don't want to duplicate anything I got with that.

I noticed (before the rebuild) that the scanner software was terribly slow in opening, saving ad editing pictures, so I'm not very impressed with it.

Does anyone understand what these things are for, and what's the least I need?

Yes, I HAVE browsed the CD, but find no Readme or Manual or Help files :(

Sponsored Links
John,
What's the make and model of the scanner.
The Finepix software for the camera will not do anything for the scanner.
dave

The scanner says it is a Mercury 1200U

the install CD shows www.Kobian.com

I have already installed the drivers for the scanner and I have been copying things to my printer successfully.

FinePix includes something called Imagemixer as well as the Picture Viewer but I don't do anything with my pics except store and crop them.

Sponsored Links
John,
Have a read of this that I found:
http://www.hamrick.com/
Looks promising.

As for the Finepix software I would uninstall it, I never used it when I had a Fuji camera and my new camera came with a load of Hitachi software that I never installed. Just let the MS wizard download the pictures and then use your picture editing s/w to deal with them.

Hope the Hamrick link is of use to you.

dave

Back