Soil pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new wc and am getting a leak from the push on connection to the pan. I have tried 3 differant connectors and each leaks. Has anyone any ideas on how to stop this.

Sponsored Links
their should be pan connectors to suit most jobs. i take u seen straight ones..off set..dbl offset...kinked ones....swan neck...90degree ones and flexi ones. get the one that strains the jojnts the least and it should fit without leaking

Check the spigot on the wc is reasonably round. If there is a "flat" on the spigot then the push-on will not form a seal.

Make sure the height of the WC spigot is not below the tee into the stack, if this is the case water will not run away properly and will pool in the pipe, this still should not leak but it never helps matters.

Thanks for the replys, if there is a flat spot on the spigot can I seal it with plumbers mait.

Sponsored Links
If the glaze is missing you won't stop it leaking, as far as I know.

Plumbers mait is in my view totally useless for anything except ballast. You can use silicone but shouldn't have to.

You could try a Polypipe or a Kwickfit connector - their bits of elastic ring are much more accommodating than Multiqwik's. Unfortunately they're harder to get into the soil pipe at the other end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back