Soil pipe connector Bend from toilet

Why two stacks instead of one? Surely one could have been made redundant to help the aesthetics of the building?

And why does the waste travel the long distance to the right hand stack instead of the short distance to the left hand one?
Though if the left hand stack was removed the long waste run would still be there unless it was piped inside the building closer to the right hand side?

Also why is the WC branch ventilated when it looks within the 6m maximum distance as specified by building control?
Aesthetics of building?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:... There's six stacks plus 4 rainwater stacks across the back of building...
The soil pipe has a 3 metre internal run before it exits to outside , which is the reason for vent.:)

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg image.jpeg I guess aesthetics should dictate how many flue terminals should exit rear of building , in this instance we have 3 although I guess one would have been better..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You should have fitted one boiler and no need for extra nasty flues exiting the building affecting the aesthetics.
If you take away the building all your left with is something that could be entered for the turner prize.
Something well made and executed but still crappy looking.

You should have fitted one boiler and no need for extra nasty flues exiting the building affecting the aesthetics.
If you take away the building all your left with is something that could be entered for the turner prize.
Are you being serious????.... 200 kW heat load supplied via one boiler?? I guess you are..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

...as I said in a previous thread...."there's those that do this work for a living and those that sit in an armchair googling"..:whistle:

Sponsored Links
Are each of those boilers over 60 kw's?
If it was my building you'd have to find another solution or you'd be sacked.
OOh yeah.. pull out the "google" card. LoL.

I'm sorry @Steelmasons but I'm just not happy the way that length of copper juxtaposes the lines of the white flue pipes. It just grates on my eyeballs so it does, going to get a migraine now ;)

Well it isn't your building.... and you certainly wouldn't be employing my services as I'm fussy as to who I work for..you possibly couldn't afford me..:censored:;)

I'm sorry @Steelmasons but I'm just not happy the way that length of copper juxtaposes the lines of the white flue pipes. It just grates on my eyeballs so it does, going to get a migraine now ;)
No need to worry Rab .....the hot supply you see (serving cleaners sink) has since been insulated with foil backed insulation...:ROFLMAO:
In order to get paid I need a commercial guy to sign this lot off...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No need to worry Rab .....the hot supply you see (serving cleaners sink) has since been insulated with foil backed insulation...:ROFLMAO:
In order to get paid I need a commercial guy to sign this lot off...:rolleyes:

Oooo, that's ok then, for a sec I was afraid that I was going to have to insist that it was painted white :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back