Soil pipe for new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a new toilet under the stairs. Working out how to run the new soil pipe to connect to the existing.

My plan is out through the wall on a small slope, then a 90 degree drop for approx half a meter then a bend 92.5 and run that into the main soil pipe. this is approx 1mtr away.

Can you see any issues with that, or will the water drop too quickly on the 90 degree drop and waste will build up on the 92.5 turn?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not just the turd size, I have kids, so a whole toilet roll per flush too :)

I think it should be alright. I worked in an office once with a toilet on the floor above. That had a soilpipe coming down through our office with a 90° bend. Whenever anyone on the floor above used it, we would either say “Number 1” or “Number 2” as you could hear the thud of something solid hitting the bend with number 2’s. Never blocked up to my knowledge.

Sponsored Links
A drop help break up whatever is flushed.[A first floor loo has a drop of several metres.]

Surely if it flushes through the 90° bend of the toilet bowl after just a few inches, it’ll have enough momentum to clear the next one, half a metre on?

Edit: The toilet and soil pipe I had fitted in my garage goes down no more than 18” before it goes about 6 metres to the drain chamber. Been good for 30 years with no blockages.

Actually, thinking back, I seem to remember they used 90° swept bends that had longer bends to them. Can you use them?

Last edited:
Thanks for advise, Going to give it a go as my design. If I get problem in the future I will have to adjust.

Or go by the rule my Mrs issued when I fitted a downstairs Saniflo. Number ones only! (Although I regularly do number two's when she's out). :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back