Soil pipe Frustrations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of refurbishing our bathroom. We are looking at changing the layout which means moving the toilet from one side of the room to the other and having a wet room type shower where the existing toilet was. I was planning on taking the waste out through a new hole in the external wall and then connect into the existing waste externally. The problem is that I hadn't taken into account the pitch of the single storey tenement roof and as such it will be below the level of the roof.

The question I have is, does anyone know of a product that will allow for a pipe to be taken through a slate tiled roof horizontally (or at least almost with the fall required for the waste pipe) I know you can get lead slates for vertical pipe penetrations, can you also get the same for horizontal? And if so can anyone point me in the right direction for these?

thanks

Sponsored Links
You'd need to employ a roofer with good leadworking skills to make up a special weathering collar for you

If you think about it a horizontal pipe is the same as a vertical one - it penetrates a plane at an angle ;) calculate the angle and as long as the slate is big enough to weather, you're done . Might even be better with one that has a rubber seal to the pipe rather than a loose lead one .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back