Soil pipe in the way of new french door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to open up the back of my house by removing the current back door and dining room window - and replacing with french doors and glass side panels.
The trouble i have is that between the current back door and the window at the moment is a cast iron soil pipe from the upstairs bathroom which will have to be moved if I want to go ahead with the french doors.

It only needs to be moved 1.5 metres away. Moving the location of the toilet in the bathroom is not an issue as we are renovating that too and will move the toilet to a new location so it can be near to the new outlet soil pipe.

I am wondering what options i have underground. The old underground soil pipe exists already, would i just redirect the pipe underground to the existing one - or do i need to get a new channel created completely to the sewer (this is only 2-3 metres away from the back wall).

Who do i need to contact for a quote? is this a plumber or builders job? What can i do to keep the costs down? Should i do all the digging myself etc?
How much would you estimate this work to cost i.e new soil pipe in new location and connected underground?

Kind regards

Sponsored Links
Difficult to visualise but I would suggest you budget for £1000 even if you dig the trenches.

Many competent builders do underground drainage and soil pipes. Some plumbers do but most like comfy indoors work.

Technically it needs to be notified to Building Control with plans and fees and inspections! Did you think of that?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Glass pipe ...... Great stuff....... Just don't look out when somones just flushed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back