Soil pipe problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My soil pipe runs down into an outside binway, which is quite tight to the wall. I've been getting damp in the bricks on the outside of the binway and when I've looked closely there is a small pool of water by the pipe. Am I right in thinking that the soil pipe sits in a what looks like a ceramic pot which is cemented to the floor? It's hard to see but when i put my hand round the back of the pipe there is a piece missing from the rim of the pot. When I let the water out of the bath, there seems to be a splash back of water where the piece is missing out of the pot. Does this require a new pot or fitting, or is there anything I can buy which would fill it in?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
jcpo,

Is the pipe cast iron? i will assume so for my answer applies only in this case. At the bottom (where it enters the ground) the pipe sits in a collar and this is usually cemented in. You can try repointing the area that needs sealing. Just be cautious as sometimes these collars spilt and break away (rust!!) if this is the case it is very difficult to repair and full replacement is usually the best option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back