Soil Pipe Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have an internal soil pipe that serves one toilet in the bathroom - it is clad into the wall but not into a corner which looks a bit crap to be honest. The pipe goes down through the upstairs floor into the downstairs loo and through the floor where it joins on to a pot pipe.

Where the pipe was connected to the toilet - it was leaking badly because the connection to the loo wasn't level and they fitted it - they bodged it with sealing cement that eventually failed - anyway....

What I would like to do is take the pipe outside as you would normally see except instead of digging up the floor the find the drain I want to come back into the house just above floor level and connect to the existing pot pipe below the floor

Can anyone see any issues with this - I can box in the small section in the downstairs loo and hide it in a sink unit

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whilst your proposal would probably work it's not ideal. Building regs frown upon bends in the wet section of a stack, could cause issues with noise as the discharge negotiates the bends, and possible compression problems. Stack really needs to be a continuous drop into a long radius bend at the bottom to join the drain.

Whilst your proposal would probably work it's not ideal. Building regs frown upon bends in the wet section of a stack, could cause issues with noise as the discharge negotiates the bends, and possible compression problems. Stack really needs to be a continuous drop into a long radius bend at the bottom to join the drain.

Thanks for the tip appreciated. Was trying to save digging up the drive

Regards

Monty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back